This is my favorite time of year. My Christmas tree is twinkling in the background, my tummy is full of cookies, and my heart is toasty warm thinking about upcoming trips to see friends and family. It’s also my favorite time of year because I get to announce my new Top Sex Bloggers list. I love discovering all of the new blogs you’ve nominated and rediscovering old blogs I haven’t visited in way too long. And most of all, I love sharing what I find with all of you.
First, a big THANK YOU to our sponsors! Check out the sidebar for more information about sponsors, as well as my affiliate programs. I’d also love for you to consider becoming a paid reader via my Patreon page. It’s what pays to keep the lights on around here.
Also check out my sidebar for a list of past #1 winners, who have been retired for this list. I love all of the past #1 winners – they still have awesome blogs!
This year, I decided to do my list a little differently. Every year, I have a clear top twenty or so in mind, but once I get beyond that, thinks are a little fuzzy. What makes one blog a #37 and another a #38? What even makes one blog a #40 and another a #70? So, for 2014, I’ve listed my top 10, and then I have the rest of my list in alphabetical order, rather than in some kind of “who is better than whom” order. For the top 10, I’ve also included a blurb about why I like them so much and “recommend reading” – a post from the last year that I think is especially awesome.
I need your feedback: Do you like the list better in this order? Or do you prefer a complete numbered list? Please comment so I can make a decision for next year!
Before getting to the full list, I have one extra award to give out this year! This award celebrates a blog that is new since last year, and hasn’t quite been around long enough for the full TSB list below.
This year’s New Voice of the Year award goes to Erica Jagger from A Sexy Women of a Certain Age. I was introduced to Erica’s blog during my Post of the Year competition, and I fell completely in love. I can’t wait to see what she writes in 2015 and beyond.
And now, without further ado, your Top 100 Sex Bloggers of 2014:
Before I even started judging blogs this year, I knew Girl on the Net was going to be a contender for the #1 spot. Her blog is smart and sassy and sexy, and I also love how supportive she is of other bloggers in this little fucked up community we’ve got. This is one of the few blogs I make time to read every week, and I’m excited to continue reading Girl on the Net in 2015.
- Recommended reading from Girl on the Net: What Happens What You Combine Sex and Anxiety
- Follow on Twitter: @girlonthenet
- Click here to tweet a congratulations message to Girl on the Net
2. JoEllen Notte, The Redhead Bedhead
I was trying to think up the perfect words to talk about why I love The Redhead Bedhead, and what I came up with is this: JoEllen is simply an amazing writer. On top of that, she isn’t afraid to speak (write?) her mind, even when her opinion is contrary to what others are writing and even when the topics she’s discussing are tough. Even her reviews are amazing, and frankly, I skip over reviews on most sex blog since I already try out so many toys myself.
- Recommended reading from The Redhead Bedhead: Sex with Depression: Don’t “Just Do It”
- Follow on Twitter: @bedheadtweeting
- Click here to tweet a congratulations message to JoEllen
3. Erika Moen and Matthew Nolan, Oh Joy Sex Toy
Last year, Oh Joy Sex Toy was one of my “New Voices of the Year,” and the blogging team of Erika and Matthew went on to do GREAT things in 2014, included much-deserved attention from people like Amanda Palmer and Dan Savage. They’re best known for fun web comic style sex toy reviews, but they also tackle some super important issues like pregnancy and consent.
- Recommended reading from Oh Joy Sex Toy: Consent
- Follow on Twitter: @ErikaMoen and @PlusTenStrength
- Click here to tweet a congratulations message to Erika and Matthew
4. Nikki & Heather, Vagina Antics
Seriously, what’s not to love about Nikki and Heather. They’re super sexy writers, but the smut they publish is just the tip of the iceberg. They also cover super important topics like slut-shaming, the problems with porn, and obligation to a partner (post linked below). I equally love their erotica and their opinion pieces, and I think only the most talented writers can cover such a variety of topics really well.
- Recommended reading from Vagina Antics: Under Pressure
- Follow on Twitter: @vaginaantics, @Nikki_Blue1, and @Heather_Cole1
- Click here to tweet a congratulations message to Nikki and Heather
5. BD Swain, learning how to tell you
This blog is hot. It’s my smutty, guilty pleasure. It doesn’t matter what your gender identity or sexual preferences – if you love good erotica, you will love BD Swain’s blog as much as I do.
- Recommended reading from learning how to tell you: We are Beautiful Animals
- Follow on Twitter: @redswain
- Click here to tweet a congraulations message to BD
6. Jillian Boyd, Lady Laid Bare
Jillian cracks me up. I mean, her posts are sexy as hell, don’t get me wrong. But she’s also super funny. If I had to sum up her writing style in one word it would be this: honest. Her posts don’t try too hard, which is a struggle for a lot of bloggers out there, especially those of us who write erotica. Nothing is forced, it’s just real.
- Recommended reading from Lady Laid Bare: Reconnecting
- Follow on Twitter: @JillyBoyd
- Click here to tweet a congratulations message to Jillian
7. Cheeky Minx, Love Hate Sex Cake
If you’re looking for hot erotica and photography, this is the blog for you. When I’m in the mood for some sexy self-love, I usually find myself binge-reading posts on Love Hate Sex Cake. And seriously, follow Cheeky Minx on Twitter too, because she’s just as hot in 140 characters as she is on her blog.
- Recommended reading from Love Hate Sex Cake: Proof
- Follow on Twitter: @LoveHateSexCake
- Click here to tweet a congratulations message to Cheeky Minx
8. Lilly, Dangerous Lilly
I’ve been following Dangerous Lilly from the very beginning, and I love the transformation she’s gone through. While she started as a more general sex blogger, today she is a champion for safe sex toys. I admire her for not being afraid to call out companies who are selling unsafe toys, and for doing the hard work it takes to test toys so she can educate us about which toys we should be buying. Plus, she’s extremely supportive of the sex blogging community, which I love
- Recommended reading from Dangerous Lilly: 5 Things Every Sex Toy Reviewer Should Know
- Follow on Twitter: @dangerouslilly
- Click here to tweet a congratulations message to Lilly
9. Dr. NerdLove, Paging Dr. NerdLove
While I absolutely love erotica and reviews, I also love really great advice sites. Paging Dr. NerdLove is one of my favorites because he covers such a wide variety of topics and all of the advice he gives is fantastic. One common pitfall I find with more advice sites is that they get a little boring, but that definitely isn’t the case with Dr. NerdLove!
- Recommended reading from Paging Dr. NerdLove: What Couples Can Learn from Gomez and Morticia Addams
- Follow on Twitter: @drnerdlove
- Click here to tweet a congratulations message to Dr. NerdLove
10. Hyacinth Jones, A Dissolute Life Means
I totally have a girly crush on Hyacinth Jones. I want to high-five her when she writes about amazing sex. I want to hug her when she struggles with a relationship. I feel like I know her through her posts, and I love when a sex blog draws me in like that.
- Recommended reading from A Dissolute Life Means: I have sex once a week
- Follow on Twitter: @adissolutelife
- Click here to tweet a congratulations message to Hyacinth
And the rest, beyond the top ten, in alphabetical order:
As always, my list actually only has 99 bloggers on it, because the final spot belongs to you! Comment with a link to your own blog so we can all check it out.
Want a button for you side bar or blog post? Feel free to use the code below. You can also save and upload the image to your own site if you’d rather post it that way, or even create your own.
Want to post the entire list on you own blog so others can check out this year’s top bloggers? Feel free to do so! All I ask is that you link back here to give me credit for creating the post. You can feel free to copy/paste the text above, or email me at rori-at-betweenmysheets.com if you want me to send you the HTML. (Please put “Top Blogger Code Request” in the subject line so I don’t miss your email!)
A few housekeeping notes:
- Why didn’t you or your favorite sex blogger make the list? Read this post.
- Your number is relative to the other bloggers on this list, not relative to your position last year.in the top ten last year and aren’t this year, that doesn’t necessarily mean you’re a worse blogger than you were last year. Besides, you really shouldn’t care too much about this list. After all, it’s just one person’s humble opinion.
- If you find a broken link, let me know! With a list this big, there are bound to be a few errors.
- If you’re on the list and want to be called a different name, email me at rori-at-betweenmysheets.com.
My fellow sex bloggers (and anyone thinking about starting a sex blog): I have a FREE ebook available here for advice on starting a sex blog, and if you sign up to download it, you’ll also get emails from me with my very best sex blogging tips and tricks.
I also would love also love to keep in touch with everyone here (sex blogger or not) via my email list. I send out notifications whenever nominations open and the new list is posted every year, along with other cool, sexy stuff. No spam, I promise! You can sign up here:
Well, everyone, I guess the 2014 list is a wrap! Can’t wait to see what you all do in 2015 and beyond!
Rori is the founder of Between My Sheets. She works full time as a writer, reviewer, and online educator and can be reached at rori-at-betweenmysheets.com