Update: Nominations are now closed! If you want a reminder via email when the list is posted, make sure you scroll to the bottom of this post and sign up from my mailing list.
Can you believe it’s been a year already? I feel like it was just yesterday that I was opening nominations for the 2011 list, and now it’s 2012 already. Where has the time gone? Every year, I look back, amazed at how different and wonderful my life has become in just 12 months.
Are you ready with your nominations for this year’s Top Sex Bloggers list? I even have an ultra sex prize for one lucky winner! Recently, I picked up all five of the new Wonderland toys – awesome Alice in Wonderland themed vibrators from Doc Johnson. I also picked up a second set – so I’ll be drawing five lucky winners to receive these toys. Five winners for the fifth annual list seemed pretty fitting!
How do you enter? Easy: Just leave a comment below with your nominations for the top sex bloggers list! You can earn an extra entry by tweeting about the nominations to encourage others to leave their nominations as well (no need to leave a second comment, just include @SweetRori somewhere in your tweet and make sure you link back to this post!).
If you’ve done this before, you know the deal. Here are the details for you newbies:
1. No nominating yourself. Feel free to post about nominations on your blog to encourage readers to nominate you.
2. Each nomination should include the blog url. I don’t know everyone, and some bloggers have the same names.
3. Blog content can be anything sex related -pictures/videos, erotica, sex ed/advice, opinion, poetry, personal journal. As long as the content is related to sexuality at least half of the time, it’s eligible. Nothing illegal, obviously.
4. The blog can’t be protected. It’s ok if a few of the posts are protected, but the entire blog can’t be behind a password.
5. The blog should be at least a year old, but anyone who’s been blogging since at least Jan. 1, 2012 will be considered. Special exceptions will be made for someone who has recently moved to a new blog, but was previously blogging somewhere else.
6. You can nominate as many bloggers as you like, but please try to limit to your very favorites.
7. The blog must be active, which means that the blogger posts at least once every week or so. When I judge in September, any blog with no posts during August or fewer than five posts since June 1 will be eliminated.
8. A few blogs have been retired! Those who have placed in the Top Ten three years in a row or who have been named as the top blog are retired to make room for new awesome bloggers on the list. Retired bloggers are: Sinclair Sexsmith, Coquitten (blog no longer available), Guy New York and the Dirty Gentleman, and Kendra Holliday.
9. Nominations close on August 31. I recommend nominating your favorites right now so you don’t forget. You an also come back and leave an additional comment with more nominations if you think of someone else who deserves to be on the list. (Note, only one comment will be counted as an entry to win a Wonderland vibe.)
Comments are moderated here, so if you’ve never posted here before, please be patient while I manually approve your nominations comment. If it doesn’t appear within one week, feel free to email me about the problem at rori-at-betweenmysheets-dot-com. If you don’t want to make your nominations public, for whatever reason, you can also email me at this email address with “2012 Nominations” in the subject line.
Happy nominations, everyone! May the odds be ever in your favor!
Want an email when the list is published, as well as other news from Between My Sheets? Just enter your info here:
Rori is the founder of Between My Sheets. She works full time as a writer, reviewer, and online educator and can be reached at rori-at-betweenmysheets.com