Here at Between My Sheets, we accept both guest posts and sponsored posts. What’s the difference?
Guest posts are written by other bloggers. There’s no fee for a guest post. I am not currently accepting guest posts from companies or from individuals who want to use the guest post to promote something they’re selling (other than a book/ebook).
Sponsored posts can be written by me (Rori) or by you. They’re from companies and freelance writers who are interested in sending readers back to a commercial site, not a blog. Sponsored posts also include a bio at the end, and also a disclosure that the post was sponsored. Sponsored posts start at $55, depending on number of links you want to include, whether or not they’re affiliate links, etc. Like with guest posts, the content has to be good.
Note: Sponsored posts are indicated as such at the beginning of the post. This is non-negotiable.
Email rori-at-betweenmysheets.com to find out more or order a sponsored post.
All guest posts and sponsored posts must meet the following criteria:
- 400 – 1000 words
- Topic hasn’t already been covered on BMS
- Topic is evergreen (i.e., it will still be interesting and relevant in a year or two)
- Includes at least one fair-use image (i.e. an image that you own or an image that I can use under the Creative Commons license)
- When live, shared at least once via social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Includes a 2-3 sentence bio with up to one link
- Submitted in the body of an email to rori-at-betweenmysheets.com
The following points are optional, but I’m most likely to say yes if you:
- Break the post up into subheadings
- Link back to posts on the BMS site
- Cover a topic that is highly original
- Include your own opinion
- Think about SEO while writing the post
- Have a very compelling headline/title
Ready to submit? You can email ideas or full posts to rori-at-betweenmysheets.com and I’ll get back to you ASAP.