Here at Between My Sheets, we accept both guest posts and sponsored posts. What’s the difference?
Guest posts are written by you. They’re from other bloggers or individuals and cover a topic that would be interesting to BMS readers. They do not promote a specific product, service, or company, but are rather a “showcase piece” that introduces people to your writing. At the end, you can a bio that encourages readers to go back to your blog/site to read more from you. You can guest post on BMS for free, as long as the content is good.
NOTE: With few exceptions, I am no long accepting guest posts from sex toy companies. If you’re promoting an ecommerce site in your links, you need to go the sponsored post option.
Sponsored posts can be written by me (Rori) or by you. They’re from companies and freelance writers who are interested in sending readers back to a commercial site, not a blog. Sponsored posts also include a bio at the end, and also a disclosure that the post was sponsored. Sponsored posts start at $55, depending on number of links you want to include, whether or not they’re affiliate links, etc. Like with guest posts, the content has to be good.
Note: Sponsored posts are indicated as such at the beginning of the post. (Update 3/2013)
Email rori-at-betweenmysheets.com to find out more or order a sponsored post.
All guest posts and sponsored posts must meet the following criteria:
- 400 – 1000 words
- Topic hasn’t already been covered on BMS
- Topic is evergreen (i.e., it will still be interesting and relevant in a year or two)
- Includes at least one fair-use image (i.e. an image that you own or an image that I can use under the Creative Commons license)
- When live, shared at least once via social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Includes a 2-3 sentence bio with up to one link
- Submitted in the body of an email to rori-at-betweenmysheets.com
The following points are optional, but I’m most likely to say yes if you:
- Break the post up into subheadings
- Link back to posts on the BMS site
- Cover a topic that is highly original
- Include your own opinion
- Think about SEO while writing the post
- Have a very compelling headline/title
Ready to submit? You can email ideas or full posts to rori-at-betweenmysheets.com and I’ll get back to you ASAP.